Kennel Lane School Website – Terms and Conditions
The website available at https://www.kennellaneschool.com/ (“the Website”) provides information about Kennel Lane School, a Community Special School registered in England and Wales and having its principal address at Kennel Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 2EX (“we”, “our” or “us”).
By using the Website you confirm that you accept these Website Terms and that you agree to comply with them. Please note that we may revise these Website Terms at any time in accordance with paragraph 14.
1. The materials on the Website, such as documents, files, text and graphics (“Website Content”) are protected by copyright laws, trade mark laws and treaties around the world, and all intellectual property rights in the Website Content are owned by us or a third party associated with us. All such rights are reserved.
2. We may update the Website from time to time, and may change any of the Website Content at any time. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Website Content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
3. The Website Content is made available free of charge. As such, we do not guarantee that the Website, or any Website Content, will always be available or you use of the Website Content will be uninterrupted. Access to the Websites and any Website Content is permitted on a temporary basis only and is made available on an “AS IS” basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website (or any Website Content) are unavailable at any time or for any period.
4. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any Website Content, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Website or your use of or reliance on any Website Content, PROVIDED THAT nothing in these Website Terms shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party which cannot be excluded by law.
5. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to or from the Website, including the websites at Ofsted or the ‘Compare School Performance Service’, save for the content that we may upload to or transmit through those third party websites for use by users of our Website. Such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Your use of social media sites (including those which may be embedded in or otherwise displayed through the Website) remains subject to those sites’ terms and conditions of use.
6. If you are provided with a username and/or password or any other piece of information as part of our registration procedures (including to access and use the restricted areas of the Website which are linked to under the “Login” links), you must treat such information as confidential and in particular must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any username or password (whether chosen by you or allocated by us) at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Website Terms. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must promptly notify us by sending an email to [[email protected]].
7. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website does not contain or propagate any viruses or other malicious code although we do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. It is recommended that you should virus-check all Website Content you may download. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the Website.
8. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
9. If we provide any feature that allows you to upload content to the Website (whether directly or via any social media sites, such as twitter.com or facebook.com, which are embedded in or otherwise displayed through the Website), or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in paragraph 10. Any content you upload to the Website (whether directly or via any sharing or social media site) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and by uploading the content you grant us the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you. We have the right to remove any content or posting you make on the Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in these Website Terms or is otherwise distasteful or cause us disrepute.
10. You may only use the Website (whether directly or via any social media sites) for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website (or any social media sites) in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is defamatory or is threatening, abusive or invades another’s privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or which is likely to cause us embarrassment. You may not transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam) or otherwise knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or other malicious code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
11. We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
12. In the event that any term of these Website Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Website Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
13. These terms and conditions are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
14. We reserve the right to vary these Website Terms from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Website Terms on the Website. By continuing to use the Website you will be deemed to accept such variations.
15. These Website Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with law of England and Wales and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute arising from them.
16. To contact us about the Website or any Website Content please email us at [[email protected]].
These Website Terms were last updated in February 2018.